This trial OSCE has been cancelled due to a number of factors. Hopefully we can work on getting another one off the ground. We'll keep you posted.
The current arrangements are:
- Saturday April 11
- 9:30 am - 5 pm
- At The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Cost ~ $500-700
The faculty will be made up of SA FACEMs, including a couple of SA expats currently working interstate. Included in this is a sport/ performance psychologist to do a talk for 1 and a half hours to provide some useful tips to get the best out of your performance and manage anxiety during the OSCE.
If further local FACEMs are available to be involved, then a second day may be available on April 12.
Details on how to register will be made available here. In the meantime, you can register your interest with the organiser, Dr Tom Lee.
10:00 - 11:30 OSCEs
11:30 - 11:45 Break
11:45 - 12:30 Feedback
12:30 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 14:00 More feedback
14:00 - 15:00 Psychologist session
15:00 - 17:00 Further practice sessions
There will be 8-9 stations:
- All OSCE stations will be organized with 3 minutes reading time, 7 minutes in station
- There will be a range of different OSCE stations: including history taking, clinical examination, procedural skills, teaching, communication and double stations for resuscitation / management of the deteriorating patients.
- Each OSCE will be blueprinted in accordance to the ACEM curriculum in the relevant learning domains
- Video and Examiners’ feedback as well as training sessions on each station post OSCE
Don't forget to check out our Tips on the New Clinical Exam.